Reources and Information to Help You on Your Healing Journey
Here is some interesting information about the physiologic stress response and why addressing stress is a key component to the program at Holistic Journey.
If you feel chronically stressed all the time, here are some biological, chemical and physiological changes that are occurring inside your body:
- Decreased nutrient absorption
- Decreased oxygen
- Decreased good intestinal bacteria
- Decreased salivation and hydrochloric acid
- Decreased thyroid hormone, growth hormone and sex hormones
- Decreased brain function
- Increased risk of osteoporosis
- Increased inflammation
- Increased digestive disorders
- Increased stress hormones
- Lowered immunity
The good news is that you can reduce the affects of chronic stress very quickly by doing some rounds of tapping. You don’t have to feel stressed all the time.
If you are familar with EFT/Tapping here is a quick Tapping script to help ease the general feelings of disbelief and overwhelm. Before Tapping you agree to the disclaimer below. Don’t do the tapping while driving. Find a comfortable, quiet place so you can focus on you.
Tapping for COVID-19 Pandemic:
Note: If you are worried about touching the face points you can use the top of head point, the collar point and the under arm point. So instead of tapping on the eyebrow, side of eye, under eye, under nose, and chin points, you can just stay on the points I mentioned above. You are gently tapping on these acupressure points.
- You can tap on each point for the time that it takes to complete the sentence and then move on to the next point. If you skip a point or want to stay on one point longer, that is fine. The key is to tune into how you are feeling by giving it a voice so that you can start to release stress from your body and feel calmer.
- Be sure to measure the intensity of how you feel before you start the tapping so that you can see where it moves after you are done. On a scale of 0-10, with 0 being you have no issue and 10 being that it is very high. Rate how you feel after a few rounds. If you have any questions, reach out to me.
Side of hand point: Stay on this point for all of the “Even though” statements
Even though I have all this stress right now because of the coronavirus, I accept how I feel and I choose to relax now.
Even though I feel so overwhelmed because of the chaos that’s going on, I allow myself to relax and breathe.
Even though all of this stress right now is just too much, I choose to stay calm
Eyebrow: All this stress that’s happening in the world right now
Side of eye: It makes me feel nervous and anxious
Under eye: There’s just too much news and it’s changing all the time
Under nose: I feel overwhelmed and uncertain about everything
Under mouth: I can’t believe what is happening in the world
Collar bone: It feels surreal
Under arm: What is going on
Top of head: When will things get back to normal
You can repeat the side of hand statements above if you want, or you can start with these next ones. Here is a tapping round to bring in some positive statements:
Eyebrow: There’s a lot going on, but I don’t have to react to every news story I hear
Side of eye: I am doing what I can to keep myself healthy and calm
Under eye: I acknowledge that this is a really challenging time for everyone, but I can only do what I can do to help myself and my family
Under nose: Sometimes I feel in control and sometimes I don’t and that’s ok
Under mouth: I help myself and everyone I know by staying calm and centered
Collar bone: I can be there for others when I take care of myself
Under arm: I am stronger than I think
Top of head: I choose to feel safe and steady
You can change any of these statements for your particular situation. Give yourself the time and space to support yourself during this unprecedented and uncertain time. Send any comments or questions. We’ll all get through this together.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.